The crowd were entertained by live acoustic music, were hydrated with refreshing pigeon ale and cider and fed with delicious veggie curry.
Thank you to everyone who attended, you are what made the event a success.
However, I must thank a few special people for helping to actually run the event:
- Thanks to all the Digbeth Publicans who sponsored a pigeon each. Special thanks go to John Tighe of The Spotted Dog for donating the soft drinks, glasses and allowing us use of his PA for free. More special thanks go to Gerry Keane of The Anchor Inn for organising our not-so-soft drinks.
- Thanks to Aftab of The Bay Leaf for catering the event with some delicious curry.
- Thanks to Ronan of Nerve Centre for organising all the musicians.
- Thanks to Carl aka Snow Blind, for selling raffle tickets, beer and being a general all-round star.
- Thanks to all the local businesses who donated raffle prizes.
- And last, but not least, thanks to Project Pigeon (and Boxxed) for suggesting the event and allowing us use of their premises.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten to thank some people, not intentionally, but it was the efforts of many people that allowed the event to go ahead. I would be really grateful of any feedback from Digbeth Fun Day goers about the event: please email me.
What a fantastic result! 🙂