@digbeth on Twitter
- Eastside Projects, Jim Howieson: Sports Hall Sessions, Exhibition Launch Friday 7 June, 6–8pm May 18, 2013
- Eastside Projects, Gunilla Klingberg: Parallelareal Variable, Exhibition Launch Friday 7 June, 6–8pm May 18, 2013
- A Small Hiccup at Grand Union May 9, 2013
- ART AFTER HOURS at Grand Union: Don’t go into a butchers asking for a piece of cod May 9, 2013
- Graphic designer opportunity – Birmingham 2022 May 7, 2013
- Birmingham Opera Company's airborne Mittwoch nominated for two major awards April 12, 2013
- Birmingham creatives flying high thanks to Honda advert March 14, 2013
- Birmingham Wholesale Markets to leave Digbeth, city council confirms March 12, 2013
- Review: Foals, at the Institute, Birmingham March 7, 2013
- JFK memorial returns to Birmingham after a decade in storage February 25, 2013
Author Archives: Nicky Getgood
A 1921 photo of Digbeth from the new website Britain from Above: Britain from Above presents the unique Aerofilms collection of aerial photographs from 1919-1953. Register to zoom into these amazing pictures, identify unlocated images, and share memories.
A little film charting the Suki10c story so far: See how we have transformed a derelict, crumbling, abandoned space into a creative, artistic and vibrant space, a space for all to utilise in Bohemian creative ventures.
One of Edible Eastside‘s cats has not been seen since Saturday 23rd June. If anyone sees a small black and white cat in Digbeth please let Jayne at Edible Eastside know. She’s called Revie.
Here’s a Facebok update from Boogie Dave concerning issues raised by Environmental Protection about the new music venue Suki10c at the old Spotted Dog pub on Bordesley Street. It thankfully paints quite an optimistic picture. So it’s onwards and upwards … Continue reading
The Laura of ‘Laura, Marry Me’ fame (the graffiti proposal that appeared on Digbeth High Street) was on BBC Radio WM this morning on the Pete Morgan at Breakfast show. Here’s a cheeky recording of the radio interview: listen to ‘’Laura, Marry Me’ … Continue reading
Oh dear, it seems the newly-opened music venue Suki10c at the old Spotted Dog pub on Bordesley Street is already facing problems from Environmental Protection. The noise abatement beast raises its ugly head again… See facebook.com/boogiedave and facebook.com/suki10c for further … Continue reading
Recognise the above building? You may not do – it’s The Spotted Dog on Bordesley Street. The old pub has been given a serious street art makeover! C3_Streetart has uploaded a set of photos onto Flickr.
The Icebook (HD) from Davy and Kristin McGuire on Vimeo. Happy St Patrick’s Day Digbeth! In between pints of Guinness at the many local Irish pubs and an Irish Curry at The Bay Leaf, why not take in some of … Continue reading
Yesterday VIVID announced it’s set to cease trading due to funding cuts imposed by Arts Council England. The news comes a year after Ikon Eastside announced its closure due to cuts in public funding, it’s incredibly sad to see two … Continue reading
On 3rd May 2012 Birmingham voters will get to decide whether or not Birmingham will have an elected mayor in a referendum. How clued-up do you feel about the debate? A recent BBC report suggests that more needs to be … Continue reading