The Old Crown are holding their very first Man V Food challenge this Friday. For those of you not familiar with the concept, it essentially involves a lot of burger and some very brave challengers who could be in with a chance of winning £100!
It promises to be a very entertaining night, so even if you’re not up for pushing your body to the limits of an Olympic Apetit-lete, we’d still recommend going along to have a laugh at the challengers’ expense!
A 32 ounce handmade beef burger with six battered onion rings, six rashes of bacon, topped with a dollop of chilli and melted cheddar cheese, cos lettuce, and a slice of beef tomato all served with a bowl of hand cut chips and homemade coleslaw.
1. All food must be consumed within 30 mins.
2. Your food must be on the plate, in your mouth, or in your belly at all times.
3. You can drink as much liquid as you like.
The first to finish wins £100, a special yellow Tour-de-France-style winner’s t-shirt, and their photo on the Winners Hall of Fame Wall.
All challengers will receive an OLD CROWN MAN V FOOD t-shirt for entering.
1. £15 entry fee with a £5 deposit to be paid by 15:00 on the day of the event.
2. You must be at the venue and registered by 19:30.
3. Places are limited so challengers wishing to enter are asked to call the Old Crown 0121 248 1368, or email landlord Kieran.
The Old Crown recommends that people with any sort of heart condition do not enter – meat stroke is real possibility.