When: Friday 3rd June, 19:00-21:00
Where: Vivid Projects, 16 Minerva Works, 158 Fazeley Street, Digbeth, B5 5RS
David Bowie: Constructing The Self is an event of new art works, music and audience participation, led by the Black Hole Club in celebration of the creative life of David Bowie. Put on your red shoes and dance the blues and explore Bowie’s world.
- Kate Spence – Put On Your Red Shoes
This is an invitation to dance in a communal celebration of the man who raised the bar; 150 pairs of red shoes will be available.
- John Bradburn – The Mountain of Dead Selves
A six panel video work explores the psychic states at play in the construction of Bowie’s 1976 album, Station to Station.
- Jaime Jackson & David Checkley – This way or no way. You know I’ll be free, Just like that bluebird. Now, ain’t that just like me?
The duo are evolving an installation using Chroma blue, responding to Bowie’s use of the colour blue as a metaphor in his song writing.
- Ollie Macdonald-Brown – In An Attempt To Realise the Starman
An observation and interaction with the fluid nature of David Bowie and his multiple and interchanging personae.
- David Poole – Starman (Waiting In The Sky)
A video projection and installation, which remixes appropriated audio-visual material from the 1969 moon landing with the album Space Oddity.
For more information about the event, see the Vivid Projects website here.